Monday, December 12, 2011

Dress arrived... not the right color?

I went to the bridal shop, tried on several dresses and decided on a champagne gold, greek style dress. They didn't have the dress in the shop in the champagne gold, only in burgandy, but I did view several other dresses in champagne gold that I liked.



The dress arrived last night, only because of the difference in the fabrics (the one I viewed vs the one I got) the champagne gold looks more like SAND. It's not what I was expecting at all.



I know its not the end of the world, but now I have to start the process all over again, and this was my favorite of all the dresses I tried on bye far. They will only give me a store credit toward another dress so going somewhere else is not an option. I'm a little depressed thinking that I will have to go with a second choice dress. Has anyone else had to go with thier second choice? How did you convince yourself that you will only be in it for 5 hrs and no one but you and your FH will know its not your first choice?Dress arrived... not the right color?
try to think of it this way. it wasn't meant to be. you are just going to have to work extra close w/ the staff at the store to make sure you find something else you love. they don't want an unhappy customer! they should be bending over backwards to get you into something you'll love. good luck!Dress arrived... not the right color?
Didn't you ask to see a swatch of the champagne gold color in the fabric for the dress you bought?

The first thing I did was look at swatches for the fabric I was interested in (Chiffon) and I ended up picking a color that I didn't think I was going to go for - - the color is just a name and its the shade/tone that mattered to me so I found the swatch I liked then looked at the named color.

You are right that only you will know it wasn't your first choice. But at least you know that in order to get the color you want you have to pick the different fabric.
You never know, you might find a dress that you like better than the first! Just make sure to look at a fabric swatch before you order. Good luck!
do you think maybe it's because the lighting is different? i've hear that some colors look different in different types of lighting.
Have you tried the dress on to see how it would look? Sometimes the color may look horrible on the hanger, but it might look really good on. However, I understand where you are coming from. I know that I would probably be disappointed if it didn't come in the color that I wanted.

Does this bridal shop carry a lot of different designers? Which ones do they carry? If they carry a wide variety then I am sure you will be able to find a beautiful dress.

Don't worry - everything happens for a reason. I am sure that you will be able to find a beautiful dress. If you are looking for a particular style and you know the designers that the bridal shop carries you should post it on Yahoo Answers...I am sure that someone would be able to find you a similar dress! :)

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment