Monday, December 12, 2011

What good paying jobs allow you to be yourself?

Okay so I'm only 15 right now and I was having an argument with my mom. She was arguing with me because I didn't want to dress like a ';normal'; guy. So I guess a way to describe the way I dress as ';emo';. Like I wear a lot of black and white and I LOVE band t-shirts. I'm also getting some piercings when I'm 15 and I have long straightened hair. My mom wants me to dress boring and ';normal'; ( for my mom, the standard dress style would just be blue jeans, striped polos and short, back-combed hair) she also says that I'm gonna have to change COMPLETELY if I end up working in an office or something like that. Well I like being a fun person and I DON'T want to seem boring as an adult. I don't want to completely blend in with EVERYONE around me. So how can I have a good-paying job and still be myself? (like acting fun, not wearing uniform, you know-actually ENJOYING life)What good paying jobs allow you to be yourself?
I'm not trying to be mean, but aren't you judging adults like your mom judges you? Life isn't going to be perfect. You are still young and a baby by many standards. You really should do exactly what your aiming for...

Enjoy life but work hard so that someday you can be the master of your own destiny. In 4 years your life is yours. You don't want to be a lazy bum cause 90% of the time they live in mommy's basement till they're 30.



The only thing I hope you realize is this..not everyone knows what they are talking about.



Take care.What good paying jobs allow you to be yourself?
Well, you could be one of the lucky few who become a rock star. As for real jobs, you have to go with the flow. Most jobs have a uniform, or at least a dress code. You want good pay and total freedom, but these two don't go together. You see, if you are going to be on someone else's time (a paid employee) they are going to expect certain behavior out of you. For my job in security, I wear a uniform, similar to the one I used to wear in corrections. When I was a teacher, I had to wear a button down shirt and tie. When I got home from work, I would put on a ratty t-shirt and slap some Zeppelin in the player. Just come to grips with reality, your work life and your private life are going to be two separate things. People will know which one you are living by the way you are dressed.
Everyone seems to forget truck driver. Some companies have a uniform policy, but not most. They don't care how you dress as long as you deliver the load on time. But you ain't gonna be able to hang out with your friends and ';have fun'; because you'll be on the road most of the time. But talk about freedom! No one looking over my shoulder. I can take a break any time I want. If I get tired, I just pull it over and take a nap. As long as I get there on time and safe, no one cares what I look like. Don't believe me? Just go to a truck stop sometime and look at all the creepy, nasty looking freaks that walk through there. Yikes!
First of all, you could start your own business, that way you determine the dress code, set your own hours, and you get to enjoy your life to the fullest since you never have to answer to a boss.



There are plenty of high paying and some very respectable jobs that you could do while still maintaining your integrity. You could be a radio host, a dj, a cameraman, a professional photographer, a graphic designer, an art teacher, a writer/journalist, party/events planner... There are plenty of jobs that don't require you to wear a uniform, you just have to search for them.
I have some friends in England who are alternative....... with tattoos and wild hair, multi-colored dreadlocks and such..... the woman works in the fashion industry (the fashion shop is mainstream actually, but her personal designs that she does for fun are not mainstream)... and the man is going to work in a warehouse.



Options are definitely more limited when you look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment