Monday, December 12, 2011

Help with dress making sizing, patterns?

I'm trying to make a dress using a pattern. The pattern is a Misses type robe-style dress, so exact sizing isn't that important I don't think. However, when I've come to measure myself I'm a 12 in the bust, 14 in the waist and 8 in the hips! I normally wear a size 8 (Australian) ready made clothes, but am a bit confused as to how to proceed with cutting out the pattern pieces here.



As I said, it's a robe style dress, so it wraps around and ties with a sash. So I take it that the most important places to fit are the shoulders and upper body, as the rest can be cinched in using the sash. My shoulders are skinny, so I don't think using a size 12 bodice is such a good idea. Is it possible to cut out say size 10 at the top of the bodice, but then go to a size 12/14 at the bottom of the bodice (the waist)?Help with dress making sizing, patterns?
maybe this link will help you
  • thick hair
  • web design and hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment