Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bridesmaid's Dresses?

My fiance' and I are getting married next year and we are having to pay for the wedding ourselves with no help from either set of parents. I was wondering how much is too much to ask for the bridesmaids to pay for their dresses? I don't want insane amounts spent, I found this one dress that I fell in love with. When I called the store about the price they said it would be $299 but they could either get free alterations or 20% off the dress. There are going to be quite a few plus sized girls in the party, I myself am a size 18. I thought this dress would look great on everyone and they don't raise the price for bigger sizes which is rare.



http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levk



The dress would be chocolate and the trim would be cornflower.



Is this too much to ask to be spent on the dress? Also, What do you think of the dress?Bridesmaid's Dresses?
Well, it's really standard procedure to ask the bridesmaids to pay for their own dresses. ';Traditionally';, that's how it's done.



It's really hard for me to say what's too much for your bridesmaids. You really should ask them, because they're the only ones who know what their own budgets look like.



If it were me, I'd find a way to come up with the $300, but I can't promise that your bridesmaids have the same access to cash that I do.



I think it's a nice dress...Not necessarily my style, but it's not my wedding, so my opinion doesn't really matter much. What I do like about this dress is that it looks like something your bridesmaids can use after the wedding. It's always nice to at least allow them to get something useful with their money!Bridesmaid's Dresses?
No! Thats a great price!
that dress is not worth $300. you could find a similar dress for MUCH less. it's a pretty straightforward design, a lot of stores should have something like it cheaper. If you can, keep it under $200 and pay for the alterations yourself as part of the bridesmaid gift.
Numbers:



382

420

440



are really nice. I know bridesmaids get tortured with ';ugly'; dresses to not outshine the bride. Oh well, I like your choice too...
It is a pretty dress but I personally think it is a little on the expensive side. I made sure to keep mine under $200.00. especially if you are expecting these girls to go to a salon and get their hair and/or nails done and buy shoes and accessories to match. This could easily put them over $400 which is just too much to expect.



I also think the dress looks pretty in the picture partly because of the color. I think if you are going with a brown color, it might take away from this particular dress. I would suggest taking your maid of honor to look and try the dress on because the picture may look a lot better than it really does up close. Don't be afraid to try on dresses you normaly think would look badly as it might just be the one that works for what you have in mind. (This happened with my wedding dress!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment