Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christian and Dress Style?

Okay I claim I';m a Christian. I don't party drink club sleep around or do anything secular I suppose. I try to surround myself with Christian good people and pray a couple a times a week to make sure I';m on track with God and make sure I have a good heart. However there is one slight problem that I have been faced with lately. My dress style. Whenever I get dressed up I like to look good. Like really good. Sometimes I wear short dresses or skirts that are mid-thigh and I wore short shorts cus I was in a dance/fitness class for school. Well my sister was getting on to me and said I was no better than a ';whore'; because how I dress and some other really mean ugly remarks as well and she's told me this on more than one occasion which makes me feel bad because for the most part I don't feel dirty wearing those outfits because I know my intentions are not to pick up guys but more so cus I like my legs and am happy with who I am cus I know I have a Beautiful heart. I'm not full of myself or think I';m some great person and know I err in ways at time but I would like to know as a Christian if that reflects on my character from others perspectives. My sister is also very competitive when it comes to looks because she's the eldest and was used to all the attention and does not have confidence. She said I should just wear my hair in a bun with t-shirts. We both have the same styles and I wonder if she's actually being sincere with her critical judgemet and really just looking out for me...but even more so I know I don't want to be a hypocritical type of Christian...Christian and Dress Style?
Just because you are a christian doesn't mean you have to go out looking like an amish woman.

Of course you don't want to wear the short mini skirts or the low tops that show cleavage.

What about nice slacks or even a skirt that is about knee length.

I have seen christians that dress very slutty and I am apalled how some parents will even dress their children like it.

Forget the bun in your hair. Let your hair down and perhaps scrunch it or straighten it.

Remember we live in a worse time than years before. Men are not as respectful of women and they get all hot and bothered when they see skin. So try and dress in a sophisticated manner with taste and conservativeness.



Pythos - Your rudeness makes me wonder if your parents did a proper job of raising you.Christian and Dress Style?
Very very simple....READ THE DAMNED BIBLE, and concentrate on CHRIST'S teachings. Read what HE talked about, what HE cared about.



He cared not one iota for how anyone dressed. He never stated any mean words towards those that lived differently than the crowd, in fact he favored those people.



He hated hypocrites, and the Un-truthful.



Don't let others decide how you should dress or act. Read what Jesus himself said. Not what Paul said, but instead JESUS.
As a Christian you should also read the KJV Bible and not some new revised version. and if your sister is doing the same things you are and calling you a whore thin she is being a hypocrite. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Jesus is LORD. Also listen to Alex Jones online
What you MAY be doing is sometimes referred to as ';Bad Witnessing';. If your dress causes others to perceive you as a whore, then you probably should tone it down a bit. If your clothing styles are in and of themselves designed to ';turn on'; guys, then you are sending the wrong message....no matter how you personally feel. You are being a tease if you dress that way, but don't plan to put out. Simple and clear English for you to think about, and for YOU ALONE to decide. I'm only giving one opinion.
Some Christian churches have a dress style they want their parishioners to adopt and it doesn't include short shorts or mid thigh dresses. If this isn't your church's wishes, you can dress as you like.



People judge you on what they see, not what is in your heart. There is nothing whorish about short shorts or midthigh dresses in the correct setting. I taught with a very beautiful woman who had a great slender body and long hair to her waist. She would run around in short shorts. One time a guy grabbed her as she went to get into her car. It was downtown and there were people around. She screamed and nobody went to help her. They assumed that she was a prostitute and he was her pimp. Luckily she was able to get away. She dressed more conservatively from then on. Whether it was ';fair'; or not, people judged her by what they saw not by the clean living life she was leading.



Women dress to attract men and to get the attention of women and because they like certain styles and certain kinds of clothes make them feel good. You don't have to pay any attention to your sister, not argue with her, just ignore her with a comment: thanks for your opinion, and then go on and do as you wish. I'm sorry she is competitive with you. I hope you can settle this because it is hard to have a critical sister and great to have one you are close to, especially when you both are on your own.
Being Christian is not something that you can ';claim to be';.

Either you have said for and accepted Christ's loving gift of eternal salvation or not. How you dress does not make you a Christian. What is in your heart and your relationship with a personal savior makes you Christian. Praying is not something you do ';a couple of times week to make sure you are on track with God'; rather prayer is your way of asking for God's guidance and direction as to how He wants you to lead your life. Ask Jesus to enter your heart and help you be the person that he wants you to be and then when you feel your self being guided in a direction that is in keeping with al you know of the will of God from studying your Bible, and attending church follow his will. he does not give easy answers - but her gives answers with eternal rewards.
Well, I don't know about Christian opinion, but mine is that you can dress any way you want and not feel like a ';whore'; or dirty, as long as you aren't dressing for anyone else's benefit. If you're not trying to attract people that way, you are in no way dirty. Your sister's probably just jealous that you seem to look better than her, considering the fact that she dresses the same way. You just want to look good for yourself, so it's okay.
Your sister is jealous of you, and that's a sin.
When I hear or meet women who are Christian. Yet they dress revealing. That makes me think they are hippocrits. When people in this world. Represent God, or even a professional life. Not only, do they have to represent, by the proper way of dressing. Your sister has a point. She is probably not expressing herself in a nice way to you though.
  • camera broke
  • mobile
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment