Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?

I'm about five foot six inches - pretty short for a guy. I consider myself however to have good dressing style and a cute face (I've been told so on many occasions), and for my size I got a nice body, however I'm short. The problem is at bars, I don't even really feel like getting off the stools and going to other groups and meeting people cause I feel so short. I'd like to get over this, and feel attractive at the same time (which is how I feel when the place ain't so packed. I wanna walk freely and talk to whoever, yet feel I am constantly being judged and compared. I wanna get this out my head, and I know its possible cause I've seen other short dudes who just don't care and go wherever. Like what kind of mind state, what do I tell myself, waht should I learn to believe so I can just mingle like I wanna? Sorry for makin this so long, but your opinions really countHow do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?
IN THE END ITS YOUR PERSONALITY THAT WILL WIN THEM OVER NOT YOUR HEIGHTHow do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?
get over it, shorty.
Just be yourself!
Its not your height..its your confidence..



Woman go for confidence..no matter what you look like.
Just be yourself. As long as your personality shines through women will see it. Plus there are loads of women who are your height or shorter, so try chatting with them if taller women intimidate you.
get high heeled boots that camoflauge your height,,tell me then how does a bald guy compete ,,, i`ll trade you if you have hair
dude, just get over it, its not a big deal, seriously.
I got two words for ya --- platform shoes.
Get it out of your head. Some of our favorite or used to be favorite actors are about your height--Tom Cruise, Sly Stallone and many others. Use what God gave you, be a nice guy (but not smothering) and be sincere.
Bring an axe
My husband is 2 inches shorter than me.I'm a tall gal though but he's your size. What attracted me to him is that he was so fearless and outgoing and true to himself. He put off this sense of, NOT arrogance but pride and confidence. BEfore you go in the bar or wherever just look in a mirror and tell yourself what a great guy you are all around and get yourself psyched up. People can sense your insecurities. They don't care about your height, they think geez, he doesn't seem to like himself so why would I. You sould like a really nice guy and trust me people don't care how tall you are.
Cowboy Boots and a Hat .Don't get drunk and slump, it makes you look smaller.Stand tall my man,and hold your ground.
You need self confidence. It doesn't matter how tall or short you are if you have a good personality people will be drawn to you like mouth to a flame. Just be yourself...i'm 5'2 so i don't like men a lot taller than me and i'm sure a lot of women will agree with me on that.
I'm your height and people call me the giant because i have more self esteem than a basketball player



Girls aren't that phobic about height
Check out this book on: www.mactactics.com It will help you get the confidence you need. It's not a sleezy book with pick up lines either.
Dude get over it! I'm a chick who is barely five foot (without shoes) and who hates heels. there is agirl for you out there some where who short too. Just forget that you're short and have fun, some chicks love guys who don't care how tall you are.
Hi

My mother is 4'9'; my father who is now 65 is 5'7'; and happy. You will find the right person but sitting on a stool will not do it. If you want to be taller this will never happen but you can be confident and comfortable at 5'6'; just be true to yourself. Tall guys get the ladies but short ones know how to keep them.
I dated a guy that was shorter than me. He was bursting with confidence and personality. Just don't make the same mistake he did - he was so full of confidence and personality that is was annoying and an obvious compensation for his height. (Needless to say, that turned me off pretty quickly and we are not together now)



Just don't try too hard. Let people see what is interesting about you. You want someone to like you for who you are, so don't pretend to be anything you are not. Be real.
Hun, it is ALL about confidence. It’s how you talk to us, walk over to us even stand before us. Posture and if you look into our eyes, plays a HUGE role if we take notice to you or not. It’s ok to be short! I can think of 50 women off the top of my head that prefer shorter men to taller.



You have it all hun, good looks, good taste and I am sure your personality rocks. So rather then concentrating on the negative, think of the positive! (I know, easier said then done!)



But hey, if I can do it, you can! I am tall for a girl…being tall for a girl is not very excepted in society unless you are a model…and I am NO model! But I learned to deal with it, and except it. I get ragged on all the time at work and by my friends about how tall I am. But I laugh with them. I have learned to deal with it! And you know what? I got a boyfriend because of it! My confidence was through the roof just because I accepted my height and thought of it more as a positive quality rather than a negative.



Same goes for you! There are a TON of tall men, and not too many short ones! So be proud! You are different! You have something else a lot of men don’t have!



Happy hunting’s to you hun!
contrary to what all these goodmeaning people tell you, it is NOT about confidence.



it is about casuality...



i am a full inch shorter than you, and maybe i was lucky with my playmates, but the fact didnt even occur to me until i was almost out of school.



my point is this: you're short... some ar shorter, others are taller... try to be honest: did you ever try to do something and did not succeed because you were too short? (except dunking, perhaps?:) )

well i didnt. i bet you didnt either.



the only problem is in your head. you create a problem where none is. you dont even have to feel superior to make up for your short size... just ignore it. and you will find others will too. of course there will be remarks... some friendly, others taunting... just laugh at them. everyone has some flaw and gets commented on it now and then.



personally, i came to like my size for different reasons, but that may be because deep inside i know that wishing to be taller would only disappoint me...



anyway... my advice is this.

dont try to reassure yourself that size isnt everything...you wont believe it anyway...

dont compensate... and like hell dont OVERCOMPENSATE... that will make you a laughingstock for sure.

just ignore it. and if you manage to do that you will find that others will do the same. you will will feel less awkward, and you will BE less awkward, and the remarks will cut down.



it works for me, i dont see why it shouldnt work for you

No comments:

Post a Comment