Friday, November 19, 2010

What should I wear with a 20's style dress?

I am wearing a cute knee length navy dress with white polka dots and a pleat on the front of the skirt. The sleaves are very chort with the slightest poof to them. The neckline is a V and comes together just at the top of the breast with large navy buttons. My question is how to I accesorize this? I am wearing my long black hair straight with the top clipped back out of the way ( I am hostessing a cocktail party). What kind of earings, shoes, and other jewelery? Also, make-up? sultry? innocent? I look very cute in the dress and I want to look glam and cute and monroe esqe all at once. ideas?What should I wear with a 20's style dress?
Accesories:

Shoes: Try something round toed w/ a heel like these for an example:

http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.j

Jewlery: The dress sounds good as is so I would maybe just wear a strand of pearls and pearl earings.

Make up: Well for make up it's the twenties and I doubt people went out looking sultry. I'd say the less the better, but that's just me.What should I wear with a 20's style dress?
I would do a smoky eye and a light pink lipSTICK with a skin colored lip liner and big white earrings with blue pumps (And white detailing on the pumps if possible)



I wouldn't suggest wearing a neaklace or leggings because it would take away from the look you're aiming for.
i love love love a cute navy blue dress with a silver necklace with an anchor or nautical-type charm to it (mine is a turtle) and white skinny bangles and your make up could be toned down a bit, maybe a glossy lip and a little bit of a smokey eye but not too much...have fun at the party! you're gonna look adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment