Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I pull together my bridesmaids who are each picking out their own style of dress?

I decided to let each girl choose her own dress. I chose the Apple Red color from David's Bridal. I have three girls in the wedding. One chose a tea-length dress. I'm thinking she'd look best placed in the middle. I am considering having them all wear elbow length gloves as a way to tie them all together. Is it a good idea to have all the accessories match, or go with whatever suits their individual style?How can I pull together my bridesmaids who are each picking out their own style of dress?
i was in my friends wedding last summer and she did this. i wore a tea length lilac organza gown from davids bridal it was perfect for summer. but the two other bridesmaids wore floor length satin gowns.

looking back on the pics, we look silly...

my dress was lighter than the others and we didn't look like we matched ( or were in the same wedding for that matter)

and they looked like they were sweating to death in prom dresses.



just keep in mind the fabric of all the dresses (if they are all the same i don't think the length matters) and stage a minature photo shoot while trying on the dresses, if they don't look good together there make them change them before you look at your actual wedding pictures and regret not making the change earlierHow can I pull together my bridesmaids who are each picking out their own style of dress?
I like the glove idea that is very good .Or maybe you could have them all carry like a small bouquet of the same flowers to tie them together . but I do like the gloves idea .good luck and congrats .
I had my bridesmaids in the same color and asked them to have the same length dress. If that isn't going to work, then I would do short to long or long to short.



The color will tie them together as will the flowers. I would have the accessories at least similar if not identical. You can do that in a nice way by having one of the accessories be their bridesmaids gift.
No gloves, it will look odd. Let them do their own thing with accessories, etc.



I think the matching color and bouquets will be fine to pull 'em all together!
I like the idea of having them all in the same color dress with styles to match their body types. Elbow length gloves would look best with more of an evening gown rather than knee length. Perhaps instead I'd have them all wear same dyed to match shoes and similar jewelry to tie it all in?? Perhaps you could get them the jewelry as your gift to them??



Hope that helps, good luck!
I love the glove idea infacy i am having my bridesmaids wear clothes as well, i would give the mmatching jewelry as my wedding gift to them and have them wear that, plus a small bouquet with the same flowers for all of them.
If the accessories match the dresses they have chosen by all means match em up. But if they don't it might look odd. Long dangling ear rings with a jacket might looks strange for example. I agree that the length of the dress might be a good way to determine who walks out first. Otherwise just have them walk out based on how long they have known you or pair them up by height with the groomsmen.
I don't think it matters. Why do they have to be ';pulled together?. People usually are watching the Bride anyway, not being petty about what the Bridesmaids have on.
It would be better if you have them wear something similar to ';tie'; them all together. Cos just wearing the similar colour isn't enough unless there is something same that is part of the dress. Get them the same kinda bouquet or the gloves would be great too
You can get them all the same jewerly like neclace and earings. ANother idea is to have them all wear a red shawl many of the dresses come with them now.
As a former wedding consultant for David's Bridal, I had several brides that had let their bridesmaids pick their own dresses. It is rather tough trying to make them all look right together especially for pictures and those are very important. When your pictures come out you are definitely going to see the difference and trust me you will not like it. I檝e seen brides literally crying because of them. David檚 Bridal does have a lot of apple colored dresses, my favorite color and the color I'm going with also. My suggestion to you is that you either have them all wear long dress or short dress, unless the one who is not wearing the long one is the maid of honor, then her dress should set her aside from the others. I always told my brides that idea and they loved it and after the wedding they showed me their pictures it made a big difference. As far as gloves go, it檚 completely up to you. It could tie them together, but keep in mind how irritating they could get and they would end up taking them off. I was in a wedding recently and by the end of the day no one had their gloves on, and plus with a short dress in mind it looks rather tacky. I suggest they all pick the same shoe and die them red, that would tie them together and no one is going to take their shoes off. It's good that you let your girls pick out their dresses but at the same time you have to think about your style because this is your wedding and those pictures will last a life time. Best Wishes

K.K

Oh yeah try the Evies shoes. Their so cute! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment