Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mormon moms: appropriate toddler boy attire?

I'm curious about how Mormon moms dress their toddler boys for church.



I see little girls in nursery that have a variety of dress styles: some very casual and some very frilly. Is it expected to dress boys (nursery age) in a white button down shirt, or any button down shirt for that matter, or is a nice polo shirt (with dress pants) okay?Mormon moms: appropriate toddler boy attire?
There isn't really a dress code. Little girls tend to wear frilly dresses because little girls have horrible taste and like that sort of thing (let's just be glad that dresses don't often come with glitter or unicorns, because I'm sure that's what we'd be seeing at church otherwise). Some of those little girls just have smarter mothers who refuse to cater to that and insist that they wear normal dresses (my mother is a failure in this department--you should see the dresses my little sister wears to church...So. Much. Lace! It hurts my eyes).



As for little boys...well, few of them seem to care about their clothing, so it all comes down to the mothers. My brothers just wore nicer shirts and slacks until their teen years. Some of the toddler boys I know wear vests, and some wear dress shirts and clip-on ties. One little boy comes in a full Armani suit, which never fails to amaze me. It really just depends on what their parents want, though.



Still...nursery age children? I think any mother with a nursery aged child is just grateful if their child is wearing something free of stains. The way I see it, as long as we wear our best for the Lord, nothing else really matters.Mormon moms: appropriate toddler boy attire?
Yeah, that sounds fine to me. I had three little brothers. Just cute little khaki pants or dark pants and some shirts with buttons and no logos or pictures.



I love little kid church clothes. They're just so adorable. ^_^
LOL @ my ward (we have a ton of little boys for some reason) they mostly wear a variety of shirts, both button down and polo, with or w/o vests and jackets - nice jeans or khakis, or dress pants.......mostly their moms are just glad if they get their kid back with a semblance of the clothes he started out in --- including the shoes.



my fam usually gets those little shirts that look like button downs with a vest, but go on like a t-shirt for simplicity's sake.
My son is 2 and he has a couple button down shirts, but they are casual. For the winter, they were long sleeved, for the summer we do short sleeved. He also wears polos. For pants, I like khakis or cords. That seems to be the norm. There was only 1 child in our biggest nursery that wore the shirt with attached vest and dark dress pants. Khakis and polos seems to work.
Nice polo shirt with dress pants would be fine.
I have put all kinds of different clothes on my son. When he was a toddler he wore polo type shirts to church. It's hard to find dress clothes for little boys, and hard to keep them clean! I found that simplicity was the best policy.
Heh. When we used to take my nephews, we'd put them in a clean pair of pants that looked in good condition, and then a shirt with nothing on it if possible, one with a collar was even better.



For a while though, we had this tiny little suit that one of my nephews wore when his mom married my brother (he was from an earlier marriage.) With a bowtie. It was for about a 3 year old. The boys sort of went through that, as long as we had it. :P A little overdressed, but it was too cute not to.



My daughter wears casual type dresses to church because I worry about stains. If I was to take her cousin (9 months older) then I would just want him to wear something like a polo shirt and nice pants. Until they get older, there's no point from my point of view.
OH NOW LAWDY FO U HAVE FO-SAKIN DA LAWD
Stop teaching your kids all that mormon stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment