Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you tell someone they are NOT going to be a bridesmaid?

When I started to plan my wedding i was going to have a maid of honor and 2 bridesmaids, now i have decided not to have any brides maids, because they are hasseling me over dress style color and everything else. All they do is complain. It is MY wedding and i should pick what i want. They argue about everything and now i am tired of it. So I have decided not to have anyone but the maid of honor which has been ok with everything, and co-opertive . How do i break the news?How do you tell someone they are NOT going to be a bridesmaid?
well im just a jonest person and i would say look ****** u cant be my bridsmaidHow do you tell someone they are NOT going to be a bridesmaid?
I just hope that's really what you want. I changed my maid of honor just before picking the dresses. I just explained to my friend why I did it and that she was still really important to me. She took it okay although I do think she was a little hurt at first. I kept her involved with everything and I really don't think she cared that I asked her to ';step down.';



I think you should consider talking to them. Let them know that planning a wedding is very stressful. It's your day and you want it to be perfect, and just how you want it to be. Ask them to trust your judgment and to only offer opinions, not argue them. If you let them know that you need the support of your friends right now, maybe they will open their eyes to how selfish they are being and stop.



Good luck!
Invite them over for a drink or something similar and break the news to them as a group. Tell them quietly and calmly that they either accept what you want or they will not be participating in the celebration of the union of 2 wonderful people.

Explain that it has become too stressful and that they have pushed you to the brink.

They will either get up and leave or will apologise for their foolish behaviour.

If they are true friends they will be mortified and comply with your wishes.

Good luck and happy marriage.
I feel your pain. I've had one bridesmaid that has been the biggest headache since day one. I've seriously considered taking her out of the bridesmaids. I don't want to -- she's my oldest friend -- but I can't handle the stress she has put me under.



However, I've found that talking to her about things works best. And maybe that's the way to handle this... talk to them, and if they can't see what you are saying, then politely tell them that you can no longer handle their bickering. They can no longer make this a concern for themselves, you're only going to have the maid of honor.



I'd definitely recommend giving them a chance to change by talking to them straightforwardly about it all. If they can't respect your comments, then you have done all you can. Ask them to step down.
Why are they hasseling you? Are you asking them to wear something that they will look bad in? It is your wedding and you should be able to pick what you want up to a certain point. However, no one wants to spend money on a dress that they don't look good in. I'm not saying that's what you're doing but maybe that's part of the problem. Some people aren't happy unless they're complaining. good luck
Oh boy, the bridesmaid issue. This can be tricky! I'll tell you what I did. I have two bridesmaids - a maid of honor (my sister), and a jr. bridesmaid (my niece-to-be). Not sure how your family is set up, but I broke the news to my girlfriends that I am keeping the wedding party to family-only. Otherwise, I'll just end up with more bridesmaids than I care to have (because I can't pick favorites, I have many close friends) and I want the focus to be on us, not the 10 bridesmaids standing up for me. I used the family and smaller wedding party thing with my girlfriends and they all took it pretty well. You can always incorporate them in other things to make them feel included - personal attendants, guest books, ushers, etc. It's your day girl, you do what YOU want!
just let them know that you and your fiance have decided to have a very small wedding. Thank them for accepting the position in the beginning but due to cost and the setting you have decided to only have your maid of honor.
I would make sure you really do not want them...if you do, sit them down and talk to them explain, that they really do not have a choice on what the dress looks like, it is not their wedding it is yours, and if they don't like than they do not have to be a brides maid. That will get rid of anyone that you really didn't want, and will keep the ones willing to do what you want them to do, realizing it is YOUR wedding, not theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment