Friday, November 19, 2010

Which style dress is most flattering for a company Christmas party? **LONG QUESTION?

This is going to be long winded but I pray that someone who knows how to dress for her body can shed some light on this for me. Please consider my body flaws and strengths, what I already own, the casual venue, my style, and the need to make a great, lasting impression.



My husband has worked at his new company for 4 months and it is an excellent position. I am supposed to play the role of trophy wife and I look forward to meeting all his colleagues here. I am trying to dazzle again, like I did before all the weight packed on. I'm 21 and into black, red, dark grey and I love brown for casual looks. The venue is too casual for my taste, but it is typically a very dressy occasion for the company, who used to go to a high end restaurant. I expect all the men to at least wear button down shirts and ties, but probably suits, no jeans. I don't want to overdress, but I didn't want to wear pants unless I have to.. I like SUPER dressy. Here is the boring venue's website: http://gaetanostavern.com/ct/wallingford/gaetanos/



The party is tomorrow, so I planned to shop my friends' closets first, then go shop for anything else I may need. I can afford to spend $40. $50 max. I am losing weight like mad and don't want to get stuck with another ';too big'; dress.



I gained 50lbs (during pregnancy) and then lost 55. The weight has redistributed itself so I have a very different body. I need help deciding between cuts and styles of dresses that would flatter me.



I am 5'9';+ and I prefer to wear heels. I have a larger, muscular build which seems to hide my weight of 145lbs. I have slim but muscular arms, somewhat broad shoulders, a bony chest, 34-36 C-D cup breasts, flat stomach. My ';new'; body weight is carried on the outer, upper thigh (just below the hips, and it kind of comes to a point) and love handles that are mostly on my back, like low back fat, while i have wide hips that are bony in front. weird.

I'm not used to looking or dressing this way and I want to hide my lower half while still being the sexy young wife that i am! No gauchos or palazzo pants please.



Current options (in my old closet, could be size 6 to 10):

I have a red wrap dress that is a real wrap, not a mock, and it ties in front. I think this would hide the thighs, but I'm not sure about the handles. I'd probably want to wear black taller boots to give it some edge and add a casual feel.

I have another A line red dress that is just above the knees. Very plain, not so sexy.

I have a black turtleneck with cutouts on the chest and shoulders with rhinestones in it. I think it might be a bit big, and I don't know what to wear on the bottom. This top would overpower the bottoms easily.

I have a grey sweaterdress that is really casual and not so flattering on lovehandles. Could I pull off a light color sweater dress at this type of function????



I just bought these accessories, I'd like to wear at least one of them:

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21%26amp;category_name=acc_necklace%26amp;product_id=1071154088%26amp;Page=3 -- this in light silver w/ darker silver than pictured



This in gold: http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21%26amp;category_name=acc_necklace%26amp;product_id=1070644409%26amp;Page=4



Black bows covered in sequins for my hair.

I have tons of other costume jewelry that is up-to-the-minute.



*** I can get to the mall, here are the stores I can shop at: Charlotte Russe, Forever 21 (I didnt see ANYthing there), Express, Wet Seal, The Limited (getting pricey) Macy's ***



Thank you so much for your help.Which style dress is most flattering for a company Christmas party? **LONG QUESTION?
LONG QUESTION

hope there will be someone give you a long answer

No comments:

Post a Comment