Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?

I'm about five foot six inches - pretty short for a guy. I consider myself however to have good dressing style and a cute face (I've been told so on many occasions), and for my size I got a nice body, however I'm short. The problem is at bars, I don't even really feel like getting off the stools and going to other groups and meeting people cause I feel so short. I'd like to get over this, and feel attractive at the same time (which is how I feel when the place ain't so packed. I wanna walk freely and talk to whoever, yet feel I am constantly being judged and compared. I wanna get this out my head, and I know its possible cause I've seen other short dudes who just don't care and go wherever. Like what kind of mind state, what do I tell myself, waht should I learn to believe so I can just mingle like I wanna? Sorry for makin this so long, but your opinions really countHow do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?
I'm not sure anyone can tell you how to get over it...you have to do it yourself. It sounds like you are a great guy -- cute, stylish, etc -- so keep that in mind! If a woman cares that you are short, then she's not the type of woman you want to be with. Plus, if you exude confidence, then you seem taller than you are.



I am 5'9'; and my husband is 5'7'; and such a hottie. I fell for him the first time I met him. He's adorable and funny and smart and confident (and like you, a nice body, which definitely helps!)...I never even noticed the height difference.



Just be confident, be yourself, and go for it!How do I get my mind right when I'm in a bar so I can compete with taller men or just get over it?
You can't get anywhere without a little confidence in yourself. Accept yourself as you are, and point out your good features--like you said, your face is attractive, you have a nice body and a great dressing style.



Be confident about who you are, tell yourself you love and accept yourself for who you are, and tell yourself if you don't get out there and mingle with confidence, you won't find someone to accept you for the great person you are too! If someone teases you about your height, make sure to be forgiving and laugh along with them. I adore people who are shorter than I am--I think it's very cute! Don't let people know that being short bothers you, embrace it and use it to your advantage :)



Really, just be confident. Point out your good features, things you're very proud of and that make you happy about yourself, and get up and show those things! If people see that you're confident and daring and your height doesn't bother you, they'll be drawn in to you! Let your personality shine through, and show those taller men they've got someone with great looks and a great personality to compete with :)



And like I said--you won't get anywhere without a little confidence. Nothing will happen at all if you don't start something. Other people might be too shy, or feeling down about themselves for one reason or another just like you are. Good luck, and I hope you meet some great people! :)
Tell yourself that some women like short guys! I like a guy who's about 5'8'; if I had my choice. But height is not something that matters much to me at all. The personality is *way* more important. So show off your personality. Be friendly, be smart, be talented, be honest... Oh and here's one head game that you can play - to make your self less self conscious, remember that the other people might be self conscious too. Maybe there are some shy girls that are just wishing some guy would pay them attention. Or maybe that girl is obsessing over how big her nose is (in her mind) or those extra ten pounds. The women are probably more worried about their own appearance than *your* appearance. You can focus on making them feel beautiful instead of focusing on your own height.
The average woman is 5'4'; , two inches shorter than you.

Your attitude is the best tool you have. If you're confident it wont matter how tall you are. Those girls have heels on!



I'm 5'2'; my hottie husband if 5'7';. I personally don't like really tall guys. As we look disproportionate together. I know that there are other short girls who feel the same way I do.
I have some self confidence issues and I feel like the only way I've made any progress, is to simply view life by knowing that height really does not matter to yourself. I do not value people's looks or beauty as something I need to have close to me, rather I look to people for their personality and how they treat people. I keep friends that treat me good for me, and leave the ones that care or it would matter to. Your height and looks are genetic chances. how much are you wililign to let that play a role in your life? You have control of everythign else. Pretty soon you become optimistic about going about your life the way you need to, and other peoples opinions of you won't matter. Neither will the idea of how good something 'looks'. value things for what they are, not their appearance
I am not short, 6', But I have to tell you when I am around someone who is I do not even think about it unless they are trying to overcompensate for it, re: little man syndrom, If I were you I would try not to think about it. I promise you everyone has their own crosses to bear. Some visible, Some not. If someone is concerned about your height, screw them.
it is not the height of man that makes him legit. but the heart that does. if your heart is good then you have become taller than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment