Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I stop my arms looking flabby in a wedding dress?

I am getting married in a bit over a year and I'm just starting to think about dress styles. It's going to be a pretty relaxed affair so I'm not interested in super formal fancy gowns. It'll also be pretty warm, so I can't go with anything too heavy or elaborate anyway.



I'm roughly an Australian size 10-12. I have a size B bust and a reasonably slim waist, but my thighs are proportionately quite big, so I'm closest to a 'pear' shape because my shoulders are narrow in bone structure. However, I am quite muscular in the arms, and when my arms are relaxed the upper arm tends to look flabby/chubby.



Any suggestions for what I can wear that will hide my my thighs and take attention away from my upper arms without making my shoulders look narrow? All the 'pear' suggestions seem to work on making the shoulders look broader, but this also seems to make my arms look bigger.



I'd love pictures of actual dresses if you know of any.



Thanks.How do I stop my arms looking flabby in a wedding dress?
a b cup will be fine with a halter! they can actually make your chest look larger. If you use bronzer from your make up artist even when relaxed your arms will look tone. Promise!How do I stop my arms looking flabby in a wedding dress?
Start doing chair presses now. You get a chair and (facing as if you would sit) place your hands on it with fingers curling over the edge. Then using your arms only (bend you legs) and move your body up and down. Your bum shouldn't touch the floor, but come a but more than half way down between the seat and floor. This strengthens the muscles at the back of your arms. Also do some cardio to lose fat (if there is any).

Don't let this dictate what dress you wear. Wear what looks good on you and what you are comfortable in. I have noticed that all the little things we think are disgusting about ourselves most people don't even realise they are there.
You've got a whole year, get started on the exercise programme now, do around 15-20 minutes a day, join a gym etc, there is plenty of time for you to get rid of the ';bingo wings';
lace sleeves for the arms

Tighs under the dress
A halter style will make your shoulders look more broad.



Light camouflage on your arms in the manner of a wispy sleeve will help.
Try elbow-length sleeves that are form fitting, not too tight, just snug enough to cover your arms and close at the elbow. Now get a wide neckline going to broaden those shoulders. Or wear a scarf around your neck. Full skirt with fitted waist should handle the thighs.Best wishes to you.
Pictures:

http://www.thebridalworld.com/2491.html



Includes a wide v-neck to emphasize the shoulders, and a medium sleeve covering the upper arms. Lovely full skirt and fitted waist.



http://www.thebridalworld.com/2470.html -- is long-sleeved. Pretty, but may be warm, depending on when your wedding will be.



http://www.annascouture.com/wedding-gown -- the picture in the upper left hand corner may give you ideas.
Since you have over a year, you still have time to work out. Instead of lots of weights, I would do more cardio and running/jogging. Running is always good for making the body look great. Also, get a fake tan (spray tan?) done - this makes you look more toned. Do a practice one before hand to make sure it looks natural. If you wear a dress that has a poofy skirt instead of a long slim one, this will hide your legs.
I agree with the person who had the halter idea, this will draw attention to the neck line rather than the arms. If you wear a strapless you will draw the eyes to the arm pit area and that's not a good thing if you are worried about flab , you know that little pocket of fat we all love to hate? well it will be the center of attention if you go the sleeveless route. good luck
Start doing more cardio and LIGHT weight training...that will keep your arms firm, but not bulky.
lipo/bulimia/excercise...





OO those water pills work wonders... my sister used em when she got married... took like 15 lbs off by her marriage date.

No comments:

Post a Comment