Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bridesmaid's Dresses?

My fiance' and I are getting married next year and we are having to pay for the wedding ourselves with no help from either set of parents. I was wondering how much is too much to ask for the bridesmaids to pay for their dresses? I don't want insane amounts spent, I found this one dress that I fell in love with. When I called the store about the price they said it would be $299 but they could either get free alterations or 20% off the dress. There are going to be quite a few plus sized girls in the party, I myself am a size 18. I thought this dress would look great on everyone and they don't raise the price for bigger sizes which is rare.



http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levk



The dress would be chocolate and the trim would be cornflower.



Is this too much to ask to be spent on the dress? Also, What do you think of the dress?Bridesmaid's Dresses?
well, the link you provided took me to the main page for that site, so idk what dress im supposed to be looking at....



but given the currant economy, i know personally that if you asked me to pay that much for a bridesmaids dress i was probably only going to wear once, i would drop out of the wedding. i cant afford that and i honestly dont know many people who can.



because think about it. they are dropping $300+ once tax is added, then they still have to pay who knows how much for shoes that go with the dress, then they have to pay to get their hair done maybe, and possibly makeup too, then they have jewelery to think about, then they have to buy you a gift, then they have to actually travel to the wedding, and a pile of other stuff too. it could really quickly add up to $600+ for bridesmaid depending on who lives where, what shoes they need, how they get to the wedding, and some other stuff.



im a bridesmaid in my friends wedding and my fiance is a groomsman and in our currant financial situation we are already geeking out that we have to pay $130 for his tux. our dresses are getting made and the bride told us they would be $75 each because its a little old lady who works out of her basement, but if it ends up being any more than that, im seriously going to be in debt for a wedding that isnt even mine. if i had to pay $300 for a dress, i never would have agreed to be in the wedding



EDIT!!!!! ok, NOW the link worked (lord only knows why it didnt the first time) but i have seen dresses almost identical to that at other stores for like, a third of the price.Bridesmaid's Dresses?
299 is a lot of money for a bridesmaid dress...maybe you can go somewhere else that has cheaper dresses..



or see if someone you know knows how to make dresses for you and can make this dress for the cost of fabric and some for labor...

thats how i got my bridesmaids dresses, my maid of honor had her mom make them!
The bridesmaids should have to pay for there own dress that's what I had to do at my friends wedding
y rnt ur rents helpin u?

anyways its kinda expensive...mayb try a lil cheaper n no i dont think it 2 much 2 ask.
Honestly, that is a lot of money for bridemaids dresses



I would go somewhere else to find cheaper dresses. Who knows you might like them better.



Honestly, I love the blue dress in the link, and the chocolate and the trim seems nice.



Congrats on the wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment