Friday, November 19, 2010

Wearing white & black dress to wedding?

My husband is the best man in a wedding party in May and their wedding colors are red and white. I picked out a white dress with a lot of black accents. If you go to this website you can see a dress almost like mine. Mine has a different top style a bigger black section just below the chest and a different flowery black design at the bottom. Is this dress inappropriate to where to a wedding? How can I better accessorize this dress to stay away from offending the bride?



To view a dress similar to mine; go to the web site below or I can send a picture of my dress to you. Go to:



www.debshops.com then select Prom 2008, Tea Length Party Dresses, Style# 2709002Wearing white %26amp; black dress to wedding?
Being a wedding minister I see all the guests attires. Even MOB or MOG and no longer is there a no - no to colors. Maybe appropriate attire but colors no. Well an all white one is out even for a bride not wearing white even in a small home ceremony. I love this dress. The black will contrast with the white so you will not be mistaken for one of the bridal party. You want to also match your husband and not be contrasting when standing together. Obviously he will be wearing a black suit/tux and one of her colors for his vest and tie. You will be one of the more appropriately dressed there with this dress. If you are close to the bride or a member of her family or bridal party send them the picture and see what they think. They will know what other dresses are being worn by the main bridal party and if yours will be to similar or not.

My opinion is a Great Choice.

Best of LuckWearing white %26amp; black dress to wedding?
I think there's enough pattern on that dress to make it clear it's not contending with the bride! There's also enough white so that it's not all dark and dreary! I think it's a very pretty dress and you should wear it.



I had bridesmaids in black and white at my wedding. And to be honest, I don't think the bride will have time to take note of everything everyone else is wearing on the day, so it will hardly detract from her having a great time - I certainly didn't.



All brides look amazing on their big day and it's pretty difficult to contend with that. I'd wear it and not worry about it.
I know there's a ';no white'; rule for wedding attire, but I wouldn't consider that a white dress. Nor would I consider it a black dress. You're certainly not competing for attention with the bride in it just because it has some white on it. I would say it's just fine. I wouldn't be offended at all if someone came to my wedding in that dress.
My sister-in-law wore a black and white tea-length dress to my wedding. I thought it was fine.



A lot of brides and their families aren't as strict as far as traditions go. If you're really that worried about it, have your husband ask someone close to the wedding (like the groom) or, if you know the bride, ask her yourself.



She'll more than likely appreciate you thinking to ask her.
I was always under the impression that black shouldn't be worn to a wedding. I've only ever attended a couple weddings and the most recentone I was at I was amazed at how many women were wearing ALL black dresses! I was shocked! I had made it a point to avoide buying a black dress for the occasion and here are all this women in just that, a black dress! lol So I guess it's okay. Have a great time!
I think if it has a lot of black it's ok. A lot of rules for weddings don't really apply anymore... like wearing black. Black at weddings has become a fashion statement. Or if you still feel uncomfortable, then find a different dress.... that means more shopping! ;)
I'd say this is perfectly acceptable. The idea of wearing no white whatsoever is absurd.



Get some bold jewellery in red or hot pink or bright emerald green to accessorize. A heavy plastic bracelet and a bag would be perfect.
black/white can wore to a wedding. i have been to many weddings and it is okay. i would accessorize with something red(shoes) or handbag. keep other accessories simple.
Well personally I dont want anyone else wearing white at my wedding since im the only one getting married and I wouldnt want anyone wearing black cuz that seems as if you're mourning my marriage. Im not sure how I feel about a white and black dress
Yeah i agree i would be a bit peeved if somebody wore white to my wedding!!!

that should be for the bride only. so that is a no no no no
No, just choose a pretty dress with a different color. No black, no white, and not the color of the bridesmaids.
don't wear a dress with ANY white on it.......find a dress that is all black or something.... even a little white on a dress could be offensive.
just remember to put a very amazing dress that is suitable for that specail occacion. Make sure to look gud!
you should find a different dress.
Wear it if ya like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment