Friday, November 19, 2010

I hate my formal dress!?

My year 10 formal is on the 3rd of december. Being in a small town there is only one shop that sells formal dresses and the lady who runs the shop writes down which school each dress style is sold to so no-one from the same school has the same dress (colours dont matter, only style). But she only orders in about 20 different styles. There are 120-180 kids in my year 10! Say half of them are girls thats 60-70 girls and only 20 dress styles!



Unfortunately everyone else seems to have gone in two months in advance and bought their dresses so by the time dad managed to take me in there was only a few dress styles left (basically the ugly ones that no-one else wanted) so i had to pick from those and dad said 'we'll go to canberra and have a look, get one as a backup' So I did. There were NO dress shops in the city apart from two boutiques but they are over $150 for a cocktail dress!



So now I am stuck with the dress from here that i HATE. It looks so bad on me! And the formal is supposed to be the one night where the girls can all feel beautiful in their formal dresses and shoes. I love my shoes btw. But how can I possibly feel beautiful in a dress I hate!?



I want to have a look in nearby towns but dad doesn't understand how important this is for me (my mother passed away when i was in year 6) I know people are going to tell me that if I feel confident I will look good but im not the sort of person who can just fake confidence. My self-esteem is really low and im going to be surrounded at the formal by people who hate me and only want to judge me.



I really need help or suggestions here.



How do I convince dad this is really important to me and I need to look for another dress, afterall this was only a backup and last time I went to Canberra to get a formal dress (year 6) there were plenty of dress shops?I hate my formal dress!?
Look how much you've told US! Tell HIM how you feel. He's trying his hardest, I know, but hes not a women:) Maybe ask your friend or aunt to come with you somewhere out of town.I hate my formal dress!?
Just tell him you're really sorry but you'd like to look elsewhere for a dress because it's really not what you wanted and it's affecting your self esteem. And try looking online for dresses, you can search on ebay for items brand new with tags! You can get loads of bargains and alot of the big stores deliver too.
Joanna is right. Tell your dad what you've told us. Print it off and give it to him if you freeze up when you're trying to talk to him about it. Another option is to take the dress you have to a seamstress and have a sparkly illusion fabric added as a top layer to the dress and maybe a wide ribbon sash or a wide piece of sequin trim added at the waist. A good seamstress can completely make over the dress you hate and you could end up loving it.



The other option would be to order a dress from an on line site. If you watch the sales and clearance priced items, you can get a beautiful formal for not much money. Good luck!! : /
  • when you're sign from a job
  • How do I spot clean a quilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment